Discover ur developments
RUE SERPENOISE - Metz (France)
This emblematic building, occupied by Virgin and GAP, marks the beginning of Rue Serpenoise, one of France’s main shopping streets.
Entrusted to Gérard Hypolite, the architecture combines two major themes:
- ‘Tradition and modernism’, by incorporating the architecture of the early 20th century department stores into a completely contemporary vision,
- 'Transparency and matter’, where the glass facade elegantly and soberly stands alongside the stone cornices, the steel girders and the slate roof.
- Location : Rue Serpenoise, Metz (F)
- Area : 3500m2
- Architect(s) : Alpha Architecture (Gérard Hypolite)
- Delivered : 2000
- Investor(s) : Agridec
- Tenant(s) : Virgin Megastore and GAP